Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Life Marches On...



As I write this, my son is getting ready to leave for "Bonnaroo"  (a music festival), the cicadas have almost stopped singing (ok..so I AM the only one who thinks they're AWESOME!) and I am watching my neighbor have 2 trees cut down that were damaged in the recent storms here in TN. Those trees were over 100 years old and I have enjoyed watching them go through their changes for 16 years.
So many changes have taken place in the past 4 years it sometimes makes my head spin ( and my heart hurt ). But even though time marches on, young children grow up and old  trees fall down, I remain hopeful and full of anticipation for what lies ahead..

My son the College Kid ( shown above after registering for college and sporting all the freebies  given to him!) is a very bright spot in my life right now. And although I have already started missing him,  I am so excited to see where he will "land" when he flys the "nest" this Fall to pursue his dreams.


And speaking of anticipation, my friends the cicadas are almost finished with their cycle. I refer to them as awesome because they spend 13 (or 17) years in the ground just to reappear for 3-4 weeks, sing their mating song, lay eggs and then die. I have witnessed their arrival twice. My son and his friends enjoyed them 13 years ago and my neice who is 7, had a great time "collecting" them this year. She will be 20 when they return. Imagine that! What will my world be like then?  Check out this magical video to see what I'm talking about: http://youtu.be/RYLxxALTfAQ

How is your world today?

No comments:

Post a Comment